Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & the Bookish. Feel free to join in.
Welcome to the first 2015 edition of Top Ten Tuesday! This week's topic is the top ten debuting authors I'm looking forward to reading in 2015. I'll admit that this one was pretty hard for me to come up with. Most of the books I'm looking forward to reading are by authors already established. Maybe I had a hard time finding some because I no longer have the bookstore resources at my fingertips like I did when I worked for Family Christian Stores or Mardel. I did do a quick google search for 2015 debuting authors and most of what I found don't interest me. So I decided to go with a combination of debuts - debuting authors and authors debuting in a new genre. Even then, I still managed to only come up with 5 titles.
So here are my 5.
1. Jody Hedlund - An Uncertain Choice - She's debuting in a new genre with this one. It's a young adult. I CANNOT wait to read it.
2. Dina Sleiman - Dauntless - I'm 99% sure that this is a debut author, but if not, then she is debuting in a new genre. The cover captured my attention when I first saw it. It looks to be very good. I'm excited about this one.
3. Susan Anne Mason - Irish Meadows - I love all things Irish. So I'm hoping this one lives up to my expectations.
4. Jessica Burkhart - Wild Hearts - I'm pretty sure she's debuting in a new genre. I've never read anything by her, but I did read another in this "If Only" Series by Bloomsbury, which I loved. So I'm willing to give this one a shot.
5. Julie Lessman - Unfailing Love - I'm really hoping that this one is published in 2015. This is Julie's first book in a new series and in contemporary romance. I CANNOT wait for this one.
So I know it's not ten books, but I had a hard time finding 10 debuting authors. Even after searching publishers' catalogs.
What about you? What debuts are you looking forward to in 2015?