Saturday, December 19, 2015
Saturday Scribbles Vol 35
Since the next couple of Top Ten Tuesdays are ones that I really like, I decided to do something a little different for today's Scribbles. It's similar to the TTT. Only instead of books, I'm going to list my all time favorite Christmas movies.
1. White Christmas - I love this movie. I can watch it over and over and not get tired of it.
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated) - The book is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books. This movie version makes me cry EVERY SINGLE TIME. Usually when the Grinch realizes that Christmas isn't about the stuff.
3. It's Christmastime Charlie Brown - I heard on the radio the other day something about this one. Linus is ALWAYS holding his blue blanket. Except for when he tells Charlie Brown what Christmas is all about. Linus drops his blanket to share the good news. I seriously never noticed that before. It makes this movie so much more special.
4. The Muppets Christmas Carol - The Christmas Carol is a rather dark and depressing book/movie. I love the Muppets. The way that they just take over make me smile.
5. The Santa Clause movies - I love the way that Disney figured out how to explain Santa.
I've never been a big fan of It's a Wonderful Life or A Christmas Story. I've seen them. Multiple times. But I just don't enjoy them as much. In fact, I'd much prefer to enjoy a Hallmark Christmas movie marathon instead. Because there are some really cute ones there.
Anyway, I hope that you find some fun Christmas movies to enjoy this year. What are some of your favorites?