Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I like series. I love to read a book and know that there is more to the story. I get to keep living in that book world longer. Only, sometimes I just don't finish the series. And that's what today's Top Ten is all about.
So I've listed ones that I know are finished, and a couple that are probably not that I've given up on.
2. The Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) by George R R Martin. Yes I know the series isn't finished yet. But I stopped reading after Feast for Crows (book 4) and have yet to pick up Dance with Dragons (book 5). He was taking too long between books. Besides the TV show has now caught up to where he is in the books and he still hasn't written book 6!
3. Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I really don't have any interest reading beyond book 1.
4. Legend series by Marie Lu. I listened to the first book on audio. The storyline was pretty awful. I have no intention of reading more.
5. Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I've read a few. They're cute. Maybe someday.
6. Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. It's a good thing that these books pretty much stand alone. I've read quite a few but certainly not all of them.
7. Sweet Valley High by Francine Pascall. I read these, mostly, in junior high. Then the writing got pretty bad. So I stopped.
8. Babysitter's Club by Ann M. Martin. These are fun childhood memories, but I think I stopped around book 25.
9. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Anne is one of my favorite heroines. But I stopped reading after she and Gil finally got together. I think I've got book 8 left to read.
10. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. He might still be writing these. After reading Elantris and the last few of Wheel of Time, I wanted to read something else Sanderson has written. I read the first one. Then I wasn't in the mood for that genre. Maybe someday.