Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & The Bookish
Today's top ten is about characters. The official topic is the top ten characters everyone else loves that I don't get OR the top ten characters I love that no one else seems to get
I have a feeling that I'm in the minority in several of these, but oh well.
1. Mr. Darcy from Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice - Yeah I don't see what the fuss is about him. I really don't.
2. Peeta Melark from Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games - For some reason, I didn't really like him when he walked onto the page. I get him, but I don't really like him.
3. Edward Cullen from Stephanie Meyer's Twilight books - I think that this sparkly vampire is very immature and not well written.
4. Princess Winter from Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles - Don't get me wrong, I've loved each of the books in the Lunar Chronicles, but Princess Winter was probably my least favorite character.
5. Tyrion Lannister from George R R Martin's Song of Ice and Fire Series - Sure he's rather entertaining to read about, but I just don't really care for him.
6. The Baxter Family from the Baxter Series by Karen Kingsbury - I've read all of the Baxter books. While I enjoyed the first five the best (Redemption, Remember, Return, Rejoice, Reunion), the characters in the others were not nearly as developed as the ones from the Redemption series. I can't pinpoint a specific character that I didn't like that everyone else has loved, so I went with the entire series.
7. Tris and Four from the Divergent Series - I stopped reading after book 1. I wasn't too interested in it, so I don't understand the hype around these two. Maybe if I read the others I'll understand.
8. Nancy Drew from the Nancy Drew Series by Carolyn Keene - Yes I read Nancy Drew when I was growing up. But I don't really get her. I mean she's the only child of a rich father who evidently is pretty busy with his life, and it's like she gets into all sorts of trouble. I don't get it.
9. Perrin from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books - Yes, I know he's very pivotal to the story. But he became a whole lot less interesting to read about after he married Faile.
10. Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird - I didn't understand her when I read the book in school. As an adult, I still don't understand her.