Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly theme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish.
Have you ever read a book and wanted to know what happened to the characters AFTER the story (or series) ended? I do that regularly. I end up being so grateful to authors like Janice Thompson, or Robin Jones Gunn who do give glimpses into the lives of their characters AFTER the official series has ended. Well, today's Top Ten is a chance for me to tell you which characters I'd like to check in with and see how they're doing now that their story is over.
1. The O'Malleys from Dee Henderson's O'Malley series - I'd love to know what Kate & Dave, Marcus & Shari, Lisa & Quinn, Jack & Callie, Rachel & Cole, and Stephen & Megan are up to now. I realize they've made "cameo" appearances in some of Henderson's other books, but it's not the same.
2. Minerva McGonagal from the Harry Potter books - Sure there's an epilogue. But that's set 19 years after the end of book 7. So I'd like to meet up with Professor McGonagal and just chat with her. Find out if she is still teaching. You know, that sort of thing.
3. Josh & Sophie Newman from the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott - The twins were such interesting characters that now that the world has been saved, I'd like to know what they are up to.
4. Jake & Meredith Wilde from Robin Jones Gunn's Glenbrooke books - I'm forever thrilled that I'm getting a glimpse into Christy and Todd as a married couple, but Jake & Meri were actually my favorite couple. I'd love to know what they are up to now in Glenbrooke.
5. Renesme Cullen from the Twilight Saga - While I didn't love the Twilight books, I ended up being most fascinated with Bella & Edward's half human half vampire daughter. Fan fiction doesn't do her justice.
6. Rose Weasley from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Ron's daughter. Fan fiction abounds with her ending up with Scorpius Malfoy - I've even written some like that myself! But what is going on with her now? I'd really like to know.
7. Alex & Marcail Montgomery from Lori Wick's Donovan's Daughter - I loved Alex & Marc. We get a small glimpse of their life in the epilogue of the fourth book, but I want more.
8. Kit and Nat from the Witch of Blackbird Pond - Does Kit get tamed? Do they live happily ever after? I like to assume that they do.
9. Rand al Thor from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time - So the ending of the Last Battle was pretty epic. But what happens to Rand now? Does he get to live a peaceful life? Will he see his children?
10. Dinah Carey from Francine Rivers' Atonement Child - The ending of the book left it full of hope for the future, but I'd like to check in with Dinah and Joe and see how they are faring now.