Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke & the Bookish.
This week, the theme is a Halloween themed one. And it's a freebie but still Halloween specific. Last year, I did a post on the Top Ten Books/Movies to get in a Halloween mood. You can find it here. So this year, I decided to go with the top ten Book Characters that would it would be fun to be.
1. Curious George - Do monkeys get any cuter than George?
2. The Red Baron from the Peanuts books/comics - Snoopy always fighting the Red Baron. How fun would it be to dress up as one complete with the biplane that he flew in during WWI.
3. Scarlet O'Hara - I'm a sucker for the Civil War costumes. So dressing up as Scarlet would be quite fun. Though trick or treating in that hoop skirt would be rather difficult. And alas, I don't have her 17 inch waist.
4. Frodo Baggins - Or any of the hobbits really. Their cloaks and personalities are so much fun.
5. The Grey Lady - She's the Ravenclaw House Ghost. But she's a pretty cool character in the Harry Potter books and it would be fun to be her.
6. Arwen from Lord of the Rings - At least in the movies, her costumes are GORGEOUS!
7. Pippi Longstocking - She's another one it would be fun to dress up as. I'd have to find red hair somewhere.
8. Dorothy Gale from the Wizard of Oz - While Judy Garland made her famous, I think wearing that blue & white dress with the SILVER shoes (that's what she had in the book) would be fun. Especially if I could find the perfect picnic basket and the little dog to go with it.
9. Laura Ingalls Wilder - I actually think I did this one one year. And it wasn't for Halloween either.
10. Clifford the big red dog - This would be a lot of fun to manage to pull off.
This year, I've got my costume all planned out. My church is doing a Trunk or Treat that night and we can dress up. And since Halloween falls on a Saturday, I can double my costume for that night with my Mary Kay event of "Dress as your favorite cosmetic item." with only a few minor removals from the costume. I'm planning on wearing my poodle skirt to the Trunk or Treat. So the poodle skirt, white shirt, white shoes, and a few other pieces to my costume will give me my current "favorite" product.
Here's a picture of me being my really and truly favorite product a couple of years ago. The product is Night Solution. It's in a clear bottle with pink, blue, and white beads. The bottle's spout is black. So I was Night Solution.