Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & the Bookish.
Today's topic is about our favorite settings - either historical or futuristic. I chose to focus on my favorite historical time periods.
1. Ireland - I love anything Irish. My favorite historical settings in Ireland would be the period in which Linda Windsor's Maire is set. I'm pretty sure that it is 5th century Ireland.
2. Civil War - This would be the American Civil period of 1860-1865.
3. The early 1800's in England - I've found myself reading a lot of regency era fiction, both secular and Christian. Depending on the author, it's become one of my favorite time periods.
4. WWII - Until I started reading a lot of WWII fiction, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I do.
5. America's Revolutionary War - This would be anything set from 1770 - 1785.
6. Medieval Scotland, Wales, Ireland, England - You know the time of knights and their lady-fair.
7. Mid to late 1800's - Typically this would be the time frame of the American westward expansion. My first experience with this period was the Little House books I grew up on.
8. Fairy tale settings - Most fairy tales seem to be set in the medieval era. Which is one that I love. Come to think of it, most fantasy novels are set then too.
9. Turn of the century (1895-1900's) America - This was when America was growing by leaps and bounds. The novels I've read set during this period have intrigued me with the way that they show the progress of industry.
10. 1920's - This really depends on the book. I don't care for the Great Gatsby, but others set during this period, I've really enjoyed.