Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & the Bookish
This week is the first Top Ten of the new year. And like any new year, this one is about resolutions whether they are personal or book related. I mentioned in my Saturday Scribbles that I don't really do resolutions, I do goals. So I decided to list my top ten book related goals for 2016.
1. Read (and record on Goodreads) 200 books this year. Last year I read 188, that I remembered to track. This year, I want to track all of them. You can follow my progress by watching the tracking bar on the left of the blog.
2. I will not request any other books off of NetGalley until I have finished the 10 books I requested last year and forgot about. This does not include the NetGalley copies I get from publishers I already review for.
3. I will utilize my library more. Even if it's just requesting ebooks, I really do forget about my library.
4. I will read at least one book a month that's just for fun. What I mean by that is that I won't read only books I need to review. I need some down time just for me and to read something that I want to read (not that my review titles aren't ones I want to read). Which means, chances are those books will be rereads.
5. I will offer one giveaway every quarter. And remember to mail the books off.
6. I will venture out of my comfort zone this year and attempt (key word here is attempt) to read one nonfiction book this year. Maybe Lynnette and I can read one together?
7. I will try new authors. I love discovering new to me authors, so I'm willing to try some more. Because my favorites are the ones that I typically request to review or end up buying.
And there you have it. My top ten, well seven rather, bookish resolutions.