Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & The Bookish
It's Tuesday! It's May. And life is good today.
Today's topic is the top ten authors I really want to meet. With social media being what it is today, I'm friends with several authors on Facebook/Twitter. So I feel that I already know several of them. I've had the privilege to meet in person Karen Kingsbury. I also personally know a couple of authors, my sales director Laura Santos, and my long time friend, Laura Jackson. So here is my list of authors I'd love to meet in person.
1. Robin Jones Gunn - I would LOVE to be able to have a cup of tea with Robin and chat and pray with her. If I ever get a chance to go to Hawaii, I'll see if she has room in her schedule to meet me.
2. JK Rowling - As a HUGE Harry Potter fan, this would be a chance to find out if she is ever going to write anything from the Marauder Era.
3. Rick Riordan - I love mythology. His Percy Jackson books have only reinforced my love of mythology.
4. Liz Curtis Higgs - I've seen some of her YouTube videos of her speaking. I'd love to hear her talk in person. Maybe she'll come to Houston one day and I can go.
5. Julie Lessman - Julie is someone I think I'd have a lot in common with. Sure we've emailed and chatted via Facebook, but I'd love to just get to know her. Besides she's got a November birthday, and since that's MY birthday month, that would make it even more fun.
6. Becky Wade - I've fallen in love with her Porter Family. I know she lives in Dallas, and while I admit I'm up there every year for my Mary Kay Seminar, one of these days I may have to schedule a way for us to meet.
7. Brandon Sanderson - I really enjoy reading his fantasy novels. I was a fan of his before I knew he was co-authoring the last few books of the Wheel of Time Series.
8. Janice Thompson - I've loved laughing to her romantic comedies. I've seen her beautiful cakes and cookies on Facebook. I'd love to just chat and get to know her some more.
9. Jody Hedlund - Sometimes I feel like I know her pretty well from following her blog and things. But her books are rich in history and very good. So she's on my list of authors to meet.
10. Melissa Tagg - I received a post card from her the other day. It totally made my day. I'd love to chat with her as well.
There are other authors I'd love to meet like Katie Ganshert, Karen Witemeyer, Dani Pettrey, Sarah Sundin, and others I'm sure I'm missing.
So what authors do you want to meet?