Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & The Bookish
Today's topic is one that I've often thought about as I was reading the book, thinking this would make a good movie, but I've never actually sat down and tried to figure out which books would make good tv shows or movies. But here are the ones I did manage to come up with.
1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - These would make a great TV series. I'd probably put them on the Sci-Fi channel, but I think that they'd be very well done. Though the trend at the moment in YA is to turn popular books into movies. So maybe we'll see these as movies one day soon.
2. The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel - I'd heard at one point that movies were in the works for this series. I think it would be pretty neat to see them done.
3. The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan - Like the Song of Ice and Fire, this is an epic series. HBO is doing pretty well with the Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire). I think that if the right people were behind the production and the scripts that they could do justice to the series.
4. Janice Thompson's Books. Any of them really. They'd make nice series or movies on the Hallmark Channel.
5. Dee Henderson's the O'Malley Series - There is action. There is romance. There is suspense. And there's a wonderful message. I'd LOVE to see these made into movies. I remember several years ago that several of my friends and I would pick the actors/actresses to play these roles. I don't remember who I'd have chosen any more.
6. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - I could totally see this made into a movie. Like the studio that is producing the When Calls the Heart series and produced the Love's Comes Softly Series. Probably another one for the Hallmark Channel.
7. Short Straw Bride & Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer - I could see these as TV movies like the Walton Reunions.
8. Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg - This has Romantic Comedy written all over it. It probably also screams a Hallmark movie.
9. Undeniably Yours by Becky Wade - another one that screams Hallmark Channel. But it would be so much fun to see done.
10. Sixty Acres and a Bride - Sure it's a retelling of the book of Ruth. If done right, it could be a great TV movie.